My relatives from USA had come over for an Indian visit. They had come for a month long trip, and stayed at my house during it. And with them, they brought along a variety of foreign exotic chocolates. Needless to say, my kids were delighted (and so was I). But as it turned out, dark chocolate outnumbered every other chocolate in those packets. My children are not exactly fans of dark chocolate; they find it bitter. So, I planned to use them to prepare a delicious dessert. Chocolate Pudding is a dessert which is boiled first, and then chilled. It contains dark chocolate, but the overall flavour is not at all bitter due to the presence of other ingredients. I have added egg (anda) and milk (doodh) to achieve the proper pudding consistency. Cocoa powder provides a chocolatey touch, while whipped cream and chocolate are a fairy tale combination. One should be careful while melting chocolate-it is simply added after removing the mixture from heat, and does not need to be heated. Chocolate Pudding can be decorated with chocolate chips, whipped cream or chopped nuts. It was a big hit among my family and relatives. This warm and decadent dessert is hard to resist.
How to make Chocolate Pudding
|Cocoa Powder||1 table spoon|
|Dark Chocolate||4 ounce|
|Caster Sugar||4 table spoons|
|Whip Cream||1 cup|
|Vanilla Essence||1 tea spoon|
- 1. In a medium saucepan combine milk, egg, cocoa powder, sugar and whisk it over medium heat till combined and sugar melts. Whisk it continuously otherwise egg will form lumps.
- 2. Now remove it from heat and immediately add chocolate and let it melt.
- 3. Take whip cream in a bowl and beat till peak is formed.
- 4. Mix chocolate mixture in whip cream and fold it with soft hands.
- 5. Add the vanilla essence and pour it in individual bowls.
- 6. Refrigerate it for about three to four hours before serving.
- It can be decorated with choco chips or fresh cream