Summers in India are always an intense affair. It is difficult to keep your calm when the temperatures outside are soaring high and skyrocketing. I feel that the heat is hardest on the children, who have to go to school in this awful weather. They should be taken special care of, and be fed properly too. Vanilla Pudding is the ideal dessert for the summers. The chilled treat contains the heavenly combination of vanilla flavour and whipped cream. I have used both milk (doodh) and condensed milk, along with milk powder to get a smooth, creamy texture. Corn starch has been used as a thickening agent, and helps in achieving pudding-like consistency. I personally prefer using vanilla extract of vanilla essence, as it has a stronger flavour. The beauty of Vanilla Pudding is enhanced when it is served chilled, and it becomes very refreshing. I have used whipped cream and cherries for garnishing. Some nuts and other fruits can also be used according to choice. This dessert is a welcome and wonderful respite from the summer heat.
You may also like the recipes of Fruit Delight Pudding, Chocolate Pudding, Bread Pudding
How to make Vanilla Pudding
|Sugar||4 table spoon|
|Condensed milk||4 table spoon|
|Milk powder||5-6 table spoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 table spoon|
|Heavy whip cream||½ cup|
|Cherries chopped||¼ cup|
- 1. In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until bubbles form at edges.
- 2. In a bowl, combine sugar, condensed milk, powder milk and cornstarch. Pour this mixture into hot milk and stir it till sugar gets dissolved.
- 3. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- 4. Put the flame off and remove it from heat, stir in vanilla. Pour into serving dishes and Chill it.
- 5. Whip the cream to stiff peaks and decorate the chilled pudding with it. Garnish it with cherries and wafers before serving.