Fruit Delight Pudding
My kids love to have jelly. Even though I am a grown up, I am not embarrassed to admit that I love jelly too. There is something about it that brings out the inner child in you, whether it’s the exciting shaky structure or the lovely fruity flavour. It is also available in different colours and flavours which adds to its charm. There is only one way in which the pleasure of eating jelly can be elevated- pairing it with custard! Custard and jelly form a divine combination. Creamy custard and juicy jelly go together like bread and butter. I have used both these elements in my dessert recipe, Fruit Delight Pudding. I have prepared red jelly here, but any other jelly can also be used. The custard-milk mixture should have a thick pudding-like consistency. This recipe is a good one to utilise leftover cake, which provides a crumbly base. Assembling this chilled delicacy is the most enjoyable part. It has a layered appearance consisting of cake, custard, and jelly, sprinkled with chopped nuts and fruits in that order. Fruit Delight Pudding is indeed delightful and very tasty.
You may also like the recipes of Bread Pudding, Vanilla Pudding,Chocolate Pudding.
How to make Fruit Delight Pudding
|Red Jelly||1 cup|
|Custard Powder||1 table spoon|
|Sugar||4 tea spoon|
|Mixed Fruits||1 cup|
|Dry Fruits||½ cup|
- 1. Mix the custard powder in a little milk. Boil rest of the milk.
- 2. When it comes to a boil, while continuously stirring add the dissolved custard powder to the milk. While stirring add sugar.
- 3. When the mixture thickens put off the flame.(need a thick custard for layering).
- 4. Cut cake into small pieces.
- 5. Prepare the jelly as instructed on the packet.
- 6. Cut the fruits and dry fruits into small pieces.
How to proceed
- 1. Take 4 beautiful glasses.
- 2. Now in each glass take a layer of pieces of cake.
- 3. Add a layer of custard.
- 4. Now put a layer of jelly. Let this mixture set in the refrigerator.
- 5. When fully set take it out and decorate it with a layer of chopped fruits and dry fruits.