A chocolate brownie is a flat, baked dessert in the shape of a square. It is a mixture of a cake and soft cookie in terms of texture. The main ingredients used in any brownie recipe are chocolate, flour, sugar and eggs. The texture of the final product depends on the quantity of these ingredients used. But the secret of its good texture is egg. Higher number of eggs is used here. The key to making a good brownie is for it to be chewy and fudgy. Using more flour makes the brownie more cake-like. Variations can be introduced in the form of chopped nuts/chocolate chips for sprinkling on the top for garnishing. Brown sugar used here enhances the moist and chewy texture. The sugars are properly whisked with the melted butter and chocolate mixture until the batter becomes extremely smooth and uniform. The eggs provide a crumbly and tender texture to the brownie. The oven should be pre-heated to the correct temperature. The pan should be greased with butter as the brownies have a tendency to be moist and might stick to the surface. Keep your eye on the oven while baking; do not let the brownies over bake. These should be stored in the refrigerator. They are often paired with milk or coffee. They taste absolutely out of this world when served warm with vanilla ice-cream. So go ahead and unleash the chocolate monster in you.
If you are looking for Eggless Brownies recipe do check our link.
How to make Brownies Recipe
|All purpose flour||1¼ cup|
|Baking powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Castor Sugar||½ cup|
|Brown Sugar||½ cup|
|Coco powder||4 table spoon|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1 ounce|
|Salt||½ tea spoon|
|Chopped nuts or chocolate chips||½ cup|
- 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C). Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- 2. Melt the chocolate and butter in the heavy pan, stirring sporadically. Once melted completely let it cool.
- 3. Once cooled completely add castor sugar, brown sugar and eggs, and stir until combined.
- 4. Sift the flour, salt, coco powder and baking powder into the pan; stir until combined.
- 5. Stir in the nuts (or chocolate chips.).
- 6. Spread the batter in the pan, smoothing it into the corners. Bake for about 30- 35 minutes, but don't let it over-bake.
- 7. Cool it completely before cutting.