Eggless Black Forest Cake
My parents are pure vegetarians. That’s why whenever we order cake for someone’s birthday in the family; we make sure that it’s eggless. This time I decided to take the matter into my own hands and bake a cake for my mother’s birthday. Home-made cakes are so much tastier than the ones available in markets, and they have a personal touch. The unanimous choice was Eggless Black Forest Cake. The key to nailing this recipe is to obtain a spongy and fluffy texture. For the cake dough, I have used simple ingredients like all-purpose flour (maida), baking soda, white butter and sugar (cheeni). I have also added condensed milk as it adds richness to the cake. The cake should be properly baked in a pre-heated oven. A toothpick can be inserted into the core of the cake to check if it’s completely cooked. Sweet syrup is used to drizzle over the cake, which contains sugar syrup, and icing sugar. Red rum is also used here, but it is not mandatory. Decorating and assembling the cake is a very exciting part. I have used both fruits and cream elements for decorating purposes. Chocolate shavings also enhance the beauty of the cake. My Eggless Black Forest Cake was an instant hit, and my mother really loved it. So give this recipe a try, and add sweetness to your life.
How to make Eggless black forest cake
|All purpose Flour||1½ cup|
|Cocoa powder||4 table spoon|
|Baking powder||1½ tea spoon|
|Baking Soda||¼ tea spoon|
|Vanilla Essence||a few drops|
|White Butter||½ cup|
|Condensed Milk||4 table spoon|
|Red Rum||2 tea spoon|
|Sugar Syrup||½ cup|
|Icing Sugar||2 tea spoon|
|Grated Chocolate||½ cup|
|Whip Cream||1½ cup|
- 1. Preheat oven at 180 C.
- 2. Sieve all purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda at least 3 times.
- 3. Beat butter and sugar. Then add condensed milk and beat, till it becomes light and fluffy.
- 4. Add flour mixture and the vanilla essence in the butter mixture.
- 5. Check the consistency of batter and add milk as much as required to get a flowing consistency of batter.
- 6. Grease a baking dish and pour the cake mixture into it.
- 7. Bake at 180° C for 30-35 minutes. Check the cake with a tooth pick, if it comes out clean put off the oven.
- 8. Cool the cake and cut horizontally into two or three slices.
For Soaking Syrup
- 1. Boil sugar and water until it becomes almost half in volume. Cool and add rum and moist the cake with this syrup.
- 1. Grate chocolate slab with a peeler and keep it in freezer for 1 hour.
- 2. Cut cherries into half for decoration.
- 3. Beat cream and icing sugar till fluffy placing it on ice.
- 4. Spread the cream on the one part of cake. Layer the cream with cherries.
- 5. Put another layer of cake and top with cream. Cover it from sides also.
- 6. Now spread the grated chocolate over the cake. Finally, decorate it with cherries.