|Bengal gram, black (kale chane)||1 cup|
|Bengal gram flour (besan)||4 tea spoons|
|Green chillies (hari mirch) chopped||3 – 4|
|Cinnamon (dalchini)||1 inch|
|Black cardamoms (moti elaichi)||2-3|
|Cumin seeds (sabut jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Yogurt (dahi)||1.5 cups|
|Coriander powder (dhaniya)||2 tea spoons|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric powder (haldi)||1 tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||1 tea spoon|
|Chaat masala||2 tea spoon|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||2 table spoons|
- 1. Soak bengal gram overnight in water.
- 2. Drain and boil with water in pressure cooker till done. Mash the grams slightly.
- 3. Heat clarified butter in a pan. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms and cook this for 1-2 minutes.
- 4. Mix in asafoetida and chopped green chillies and sauté it for few minutes.
- 5. In a bowl mix yogurt, gram flour, coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala and hot spices powder.
- 6. Add this mixture to the pan and keep stirring till it boils.
- 7. Mix in the grams along with the water they were boiled in. Add salt to taste.
- 8. Cover and simmer (boil slowly at low temperature) for 8-10 minutes.
- 9. Serve this hot decorated with cut coriander leaves and onion rings with kachori.
- Recipe Type : Rajasthan, Regional, Vegetarian
No comments yet.