Spinach Kebabs Recipe
An exciting snack, which is a combination of spinach and Bengal gram (chana dal).
Highly nutritious kebabs, which is prepared by steaming and frying processes. Soaked Bengal gram is grinded with spinach and mild blend of spices are added for flavour. Little amount of gram flour is added, which helps in binding of Kebab. Initially kebabs are steam cooked and then is fried in hot oil. It needs less amount of oil in frying as it is already steamed.
This snack is very healthy, as it is prepared with spinach and Bengal gram. Both these ingredients contain a good amount of mineral and proteins which is essential for body. As it oil requirement of this recipe is less, it becomes good for health.
It is a good snack for Lunch box and can also be served to the guests.
If you are looking for more snacks recipes do check Crispy Coconut Potato Rolls, Crispy Lotus stem, Crispy Vegetables, Soya Stuffed Cheesy Mushrooms
How to make Spinach Kebabs Recipe
|Spinach (palak)||1 bunch|
|Bengal gram (chana dal)||½ cup|
|Gram flour (besan)||2-4 table spoon|
|Green Chilies (hari march)||½ tea spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh)||1 tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||½ tea spoon|
- 1. Wash and soak the Bengal gram in enough water for three hours.
- 2. Clean and wash the spinach in plenty of salted water.
- 3. Finely chop the spinach, onion, garlic, ginger and green chilies and keep them separately.
- 4. Strain the Bengal gram and grind it along with spinach in a mixer to a thick paste.
- 5. Add garlic ginger and cumin seed in the mixture and grind it well.
- 6. Now add onion, chilies and salt to the mixture. Also add gram flour as per the requirement and shape the mixture into long rolls/ small balls and steam them till done.
- 7. When cool, remove it from the steamer and further cool it for 15 minutes.
- 8. Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the kebabs in hot oil till done. Serve it with some sweet chutney.
- Recipe Type : Party snacks, Snacks, Vegetarian snacks
No comments yet.