|Low fat milk (doodh)||1 litre|
|Finely chopped fresh Strawberries||1 cup|
|Strawberry crush||1 tea spoon|
|Lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)||1 tea spoon|
|Cornstarch||1 tea spoon|
|Low fat milk powder||½ cup|
|Sugar substitute||2 tea spoon|
|Icing sugar||1 tea spoon|
Slices of strawberry
- 1. Chop strawberries and sprinkle icing sugar on it and refrigerate it.
- 2. Dissolve cornstarch and milk powder in ½ cup of milk and keep aside.
- 3. Take 1 liter milk in a non-stick pan and bring to a boil. Simmer over a medium flame stirring continuously.
- 4. Add lemon juice drop by drop to milk stirring continuously. You will see tiny curdled particles, which are required for the grainy texture.( Do not add the lemon juice all at once, if you do so the milk may curdle completely and you will get bigger curdled particles, which is not desirable).
- 5. Add corn flour mixture and milk powder mixture and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- 6. Now add strawberry crush and sugar substitute and mix well and simmer for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- 7. Cool and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 8. Add chilled strawberries to the cooled dessert and mix well.
- 9. Serve chilled garnished with strawberry slices.