Shahi Mawa Bags Recipe
Shahi Mawa bags are an interesting creation of cooksafari. It is a dry dessert that can be served in any occasion. I prepare it for Holi and Diwali feast, as my kids and their friends love this sweet.
It is a wrap, which is filled with a delicious stuffing and is dipped into sugar syrup.
Wrap is prepared with refined flour. Process of making of dough is important for a crisp wrap. A good amount of oil is added to the flour and hard dough is prepared. This dough should keep in for rest for a better result.
Stuffing is prepared with coagulated milk (mawa) and coconut. Finely chopped dry fruits are added to enrich taste. For sweetening, castor sugar is added. To add flavour cardamom powder is added to this. Dough is rolled into thin squares and is stuffed with the prepared stuffing. Now these are deep fried in hot oil on low flame.Finally one string thread sugar is prepared and the fried wrap is dipped into this.
Give a try to this recipe, trust me you will not regret
If you are looking for some more dessert recipes do check Stuffed Shahi Tukda, Unnakaya, Pua, Chatti Pathiri.
How to make Shahi Mawa Bags Recipe
|Coagulated milk (khoya/ mawa)||½ cup|
|Powdered sugar (boora)||½ cup|
|Dry coconut (grated)||½ cup|
|Mixed Dry fruits, finely chopped||¼ cup|
|Cardamom (elaichi) powder||¼ tea spoon|
|All purpose flour (maida)||2 cups|
|Sugar (chini)||1½ cup|
|Saffron strands (kesar)||¼ tea spoon|
- 1. Roast the coagulated milk (mawa) in a pan until it turns brown.
- 2. Add grated coconut and roast it for further 3-4 minutes.
- 3. Take out the mixture in a bowl and let it cool down.
- 4. Add sugar, cardamom powder and finely chopped dry fruits and mix it well. (Be careful that dry fruits should be finely chopped otherwise it can break the bags.
- 5. The stuffing is ready now.
- 1. Sieve the maida in a bowl and add ghee into it. Mix both the ingredients well and knead the flour with luke warm water.
- 2. Cover the dough with a wet cloth and leave it for ½ an hour.
- 3. After half an hour punch the dough to fix and smoothen it.
- 4. Now divide into two parts and make two big balls.
- 5. Now roll one ball with rolling pin and make a big flat chapatti. ( Always keep the balls covered with wet cloth, while you are making other balls.)
- 6. Now cut it into small rectangles with help of knife.
- 7. Repeat the process with another ball also.
- 8. Put ½ tea spoon filling on the cut rectangle, apply some water at the sides of the rectangle and fold it from one side meeting the other end (It will look like small bags).
- 9. Press the corners with hands to fix the bags and keep them aside.
- 10. Now heat oil in a pan and put 4-5 bags at one time.
- 11. Fry them on medium flame until they turn brown and crispy from both the sides.(Flame should be maintained at lower side otherwise bags will become soggy)
- 12. Repeat the process with all other bags also.
- 13. Let the bags cool down. Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup.
For Sugar Syrup
- 1. Take a deep pan and put sugar and water in it.
- 2. Mix them well and put the pan on the stove to boil.
- 3. Add saffron and simmer the syrup for 5-6 minutes to make “one string” sugar syrup.
- 4. Once syrup is ready, turn off the flame.
- 5. Now dip 4-5 bags into the syrup and then take them out with the ladle and arrange them on a plate.
- 6. Leave them open for 1 hour to dry the syrup coating.
- 7. Now “Shahi Mawa Bags” are ready to serve.
- For making it crispy, fry it on low temperature. This may take little more time for cooking, but the dessert will be crisper.
- Recipe Type : Desserts, Indian sweets
No comments yet.