Badam Phirni Recipe
Badam Phirni Recipe is originally a mughal dessert, but is very popular in India. Badam Phirni is rich in taste and flavour but easy to cook.
Phirni, a delicious milk and rice based dessert, has a thick creamy texture. It is specially served in clay bowls. A good amount of almonds are used in this recipe to give rich and outstanding taste to the dessert. Badam paste gives phirni and exotic and luscious flavour. Saffron and cardamoms are used for additional flavour. It is served cold and is garnished with chopped almonds.
How to make Badam Phirni Recipe
|Almonds (Badam)||¼ cup|
|Small grained Rice (Chhote dane ke chawal)||3 table spoon|
|Milk (Doodh)||4 cups|
|Sugar (chini)||½ tea spoon|
|Saffron (Kesar)||few strands|
- 1. Soak rice in water for 2 hours and then grind it to a paste.
- 2. Blanch and grind the almonds to a fine paste with 1/2 cup milk.
- 3. Mix together the ground almond paste and rice paste and keep aside.
- 4. Take a table spoon of milk and dissolve saffron in it and keep it aside.
- 5. Bring the milk to a boil. Add sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves.
- 6. Add the almond-rice mixture into the boiling milk along with the saffron.
- 7. Stir continuously for a few minutes till the milk thickens and attains a custard-like consistency.
- 8. Now put the flame off and let it cool to room temperature.
- 9. Pour “Phirni” into individual bowls, garnish with almond slices and refrigerate it before serving.