|Bottle gourd (lauki), cut into roundels||500 grams|
|Vegetable Oil||2 table spoon|
|Asafoetida (hing)||½ teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds( sabut jeera)||2 tea spoon|
|Aniseed (saunf) powder||1 tea spoon|
|Dry ginger powder (adrakh)||½ tea spoon|
|Red chilli(hari mirch)||2 whole|
|Turmeric (haldi) powder||½ tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Yoghurt beaten(dahi)||2 cup|
|Hot spices (garam masala) powder||1 tea spoon|
- 1. Pat dry the bottle gourd roundels. Place them separated in a big microwave-safe dish greased with some oil. Sprinkle some oil on the bottle gourd roundels and microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 3 minutes till they are slightly browned on both sides. Keep aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, mix the oil with the cloves, asafetida, whole red chilli, and cumin seeds. Microwave uncovered on high (100%) power for about 1 minute.
- 3. Now add aniseed powder, dry ginger powder, turmeric, salt and curd. Mix well.
- 4. Cook it for 1-2 minutes at 100% power.
- 5. Now add bottle guard and microwave on 70% power for about 12 minutes or till the bottle gourd roundels are tender.
- 6. Now, mix water and stir slowly till it has fully blended with the curry.
- 7. Cook it covered on 100% power for about 3-4 minutes. Mix in the hot spices powder and serve.