Shahi Bread Mitha Recipe
“Shahi Bread Mitha” recipe is a unique collection of cook safari. A dessert which is prepared at my place during our get together on demand. An Amazing dessert, prepared with combination of dried coagulated milk (mawa), coconut, bread and milk.
Thick milk is prepared by mixing of milk powder in milk and their boiling for reasonable period. Filling is prepared by roasting coconut and dried coagulated milk and is flavoured with cardamom powder. The stuffing is filled between two pieces of bread cubes and is coated with a thin layer of refined flour. Then this stuffed bread is fried in hot oil. This is dipped in prepared thick milk.
This dessert is easy to make but is amazingly tasty. Even though, it is close to Shahi Tukda but tastes very different. You try this recipe once; your experience will not be bad.
How to make Shahi Bread Mitha Recipe
|Bread slices||6 pieces|
|Vegetable oil||for frying|
|All purpose flour (maida)||½ cup|
|Water||1 ½ cup|
|Fresh coconut (nariyel), grated||½ cup|
|Coagulated milk (khoya)||½ cup|
|Cardamom powder||¼ tea spoon|
|Milk powder||2 table spoons|
|Saffron Threads (kesar)||¼ tea spoon|
|Sugar||5-6 table spoons|
|Dry fruits, chopped|
- 1. Mix powder milk in ½ cup of water and mix it with milk.
- 2. Now boil milk till it becomes little concentrated, add saffron and sugar and let it boil for further 4-5 minutes.
- 3. Then remove it from flame and let it cool completely.
- 1. Mix grated coconut and coagulated milk in a pan and roast the mixture till they change colour to light brown.
- 2. Now put the flame off and add cardamom powder to the stuffing and let it cool completely.
- 1. Heat enough oil in a pan.
- 2. Cut the sides of bread and then cut the bread into 4 pieces.
- 3. Now make a thin batter of all purpose flour with 1½ cup of water.
- 4. Take a piece of bread and fill it with stuffing, and then cover it with another piece of bread.
- 5. Now dip it in all purpose flour batter and fry the stuffed breads.
- 6. Once it turns golden in colour, remove it from flame and dip it into prepared milk.
- 7. Garnish it with dry fruits and serve.