Badshahi Seviyan Recipe
Badshahi Seviyan is a delicacy of royal Mughal cuisine. ‘Badshahi’ literally translates into royal in English. So this mouth-watering dish is definitely considered to be the dessert of champions. The star of this recipe is vermicelli (sewai). It is fried in a pan, and cooked in milk (doodh) subsequently. It should be cooked on low flame; otherwise the milk can get stuck to the bottom of the pan and get burnt. I have incorporated sweetened sugar syrup into the dish, which also contains coagulated milk (khoya) and some dried nuts. This sugar syrup should have a thick one-thread consistency. Aromatic elements include cardamom powder (chhoti elaichi) and saffron (kesar). Saffron gives a brilliant orange colour to the vermicelli, and has a nice grainy flavour. Badshahi Seviyan can be garnished by sprinkling with tuty-fruiti or khoya on the top. It is a dessert, and fulfils all of your food fantasies.
You may also like recipe of Jalebi, Malpua, Shahi Bread Mitha, Zarda Pulao
How to make Badshahi Seviyan
|Thin vermicelli (Sewai)||300 gram|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||2 table spoon|
|Milk (Doodh)||3 cups|
|Sugar (chini)||150 gram|
|Coagulated milk (khoya)||1 cup|
|Mixed Dry fruits, chopped||¼ cup|
|Green cardamoms (Chhoti elaichi), powder||½ tea spoon|
|Saffron (Kesar)||few strands|
- 1. Take 2 table spoons of milk in a bowl and add saffron threads in it.
- 2. Now take sugar in another pan, add half cup of water and boil it.
- 3. We need “one thread string syrup” for this recipe.
- 4. Once syrup is ready add coagulated milk (khoya), cardamom powder and dry fruits in it and put the flame off.
- 5. Heat clarified butter in a pan and fry vermicelli in it.
- 6. Once it is done, add milk in it and cook it for 3-4 minutes. (Once adding milk, take care that milk should cover the vermicelli completely).
- 7. Once vermicelli becomes soft add sugar syrup in it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. (Don’t overcook it otherwise it will become to hard).
- 8. Add the saffron and put the flame off and let it cool at room temperature.
- Recipe Type : Desserts, Indian sweets
No comments yet.