Beauty Bags Recipe
Cute bags, which is attractive in look and delicious to eat. When crispy and crunchy bags are filled with appealing stuffing gives delightful experience in each bite.
Bags are prepared with refined flour, and are deep fried in oil. Stuffing is prepared with mushrooms and for flavour, small amount of capsicum is added. Crushed Peanuts are added for crunchiness and it gives a mild flavour. Blend of mushrooms with peanuts is amazing. Mild blend of soya sauce, chilli flakes and black pepper enhances the flavour. Little amount of sugar is added for slightly sweet taste. Variations can be made in preparation of stuffing. Mushrooms can be replaced with potatoes, cottage cheese or mixed vegetables.
How to make Beauty Bags Recipe
|All purpose flour (maida)||1 1/2 cup|
|Clarified butter (ghee)||3 table spoon|
|Garlic (Lahsun), Chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Green Coriander (Hara dhania), chopped||1 table spoon|
|Onion (pyaj), finely chopped||4 table spoon|
|Mushroom, finely chopped||1/2 cup|
|Capsicum (Shimla), finely chopped||4 table spoon|
|Peanuts (Mungaphali), crushed||2 table spoon|
|Soya sauce||1 tea spoon|
|Sugar (Chini)||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||1 tea spoon|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 tea spoon & for frying|
- 1. Sieve flour and salt together.
- 2. Make a well in between the floor and pour hot ghee in it.
- 3. Immediately add cold water knead it well and make a soft dough.
- 4. Cover it with muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- 5. Apply oil on your palm and knead the dough until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- 6. Roll out thinly on a floured surface, using a rolling pin and cut into pieces of 3" squares.
- 1. Roast the peanuts in a pan and crush them coarsely.
- 2. Heat little oil in a wok and put onion and garlic and sauté it for sometimes.
- 3. Add the crushed pea nuts and cook it for few more minutes. Now add chopped mushrooms in this mixture and cook till mushrooms become soft.
- 4. Add capsicum, red chili, black pepper, soya sauce, sugar and salt in the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- 5. Cook it for 5 minutes and now put the flame off and let the mixture be cool for 10- 15 minutes.
How to proceed
- 1. Place a wrapper on a dry surface.
- 2. Put some filling mixture on one side of the wrapper.
- 3. Make a small handle and stick it in side corner of wrapper. (this is optional step, you can avoid it).
- 4. .Seal the gold bags from all the four corners with the help of the water giving it a shape of a square. Keep it aside for 1 hour.
- 5. Once the wrapper dries well deep fry it in hot oil till golden brown.
- 6. Serve hot with chutney.