Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate is one exciting ingredient. It can brighten up any dish with its velvety flavour and melt-in-your-mouth goodness. Personally, my favourite is dark chocolate. Although a lot of people are not a big fan of the bittersweet taste, I have acquired a taste for it over the years. I love the decadent nature of dark chocolate. I have tried to incorporate its flavour into my home-made Chocolate Ice Cream recipe. But I have also added cocoa powder and dollops of whipped cream to ensure that the final taste is very pleasant, and not bitter. I have tried to keep the recipe simple and not used an ice-cream maker here. The key to the success of this ice cream is to ensure that it has the right consistency and texture. It should not be too runny or too thick. Chocolate Ice Cream tastes delicious when drizzled with a hint of rich chocolate sauce. It is the perfect dessert to have any time, every time.
How to make Chocolate Ice cream
|Whipping Cream||2 cups|
|Cocoa Powder||2 table spoon|
|Dark Chocolate (broken into small pieces)||100 gram|
|Caster Sugar||½ cup|
|Fresh Milk||¾ cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tea spoon|
- 1. In saucepan combine milk, cocoa powder, sugar and whisk it over medium heat till everything combines and sugar melts.
- 2. Bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring often, remove from heat and immediately whisk in chocolate until completely melted. Let the mixture cool completely and add vanilla extract.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk cream in a separate bowl till peak is formed.
- 4. Now add the chocolate mixture in cream and beat it well. When a foamy mixture is ready, pour into a box with tight fitting lead.
- 5. Cover and place in freezer for 4-5 hours.
- 6. After 4 hour again churn it with blender. (Repeat this process 3 times at an interval of 2 hours).
- 7. Once the blending process gets completed, pour the mixture into ice cream molds and cover it with aluminum foil and let it freeze for another 5-7 hours.
- 8. Serve scoops of ice-cream with extra chocolate sauce and topping in cones or cups.