Kidney Beans With Vegetables Recipe
Red kidney beans (rajma) are an Indian household favorite, and also a very nourishing ingredient. It is a good source of proteins and carbohydrates. Consumption of rajma lowers heart attack risk. Not only is it a wonderful antioxidant, but it also aids in weight loss. This kidney bean with vegetables recipe makes use of olive oil, which lowers the risk of cholesterol and is considered to be healthy for diabetic patients. What’s more, the preparation and cooking time is minimal and does not require the use of excess oil. Here, French beans (phaliya), capsicum (Shimla mirch) and carrot (gaajar) have been added apart from kidney beans. Any other vegetable can also be used according to preference or to introduce variation in this salad. Spices can be added according to taste. Vinegar is used for marination that provides little tanginess. It has a characteristic flavor and tenderizes the vegetables. This delicious kidney bean with vegetable salad is very refreshing and highly recommended by health- conscious folks.
How to prepare Kidney Beans With Vegetables Recipe
|Kidney beans (Rajma) boiled||250 gram|
|Olive oil (jetun ka tel )||2 tea spoon|
|French beans chopped (phaliya)||1/2 cup|
|Capsicum (simla mirch) cubed||½ cup|
|Carrot (gazar), chopped||½ cup|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||1/4 cup|
|Red chilli flakes (Kuta lal mirch)||2 tea spoon|
|Ginger(adrak), finely chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Vinegar (sirka)||½ tea spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch) crushed||to taste|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Soak kidney beans overnight and boil it in pressure cooker with some salt.
- 2. In a saucepan, heat oil add onions, ginger and chilli flakes and cook it for 5-6 minutes .
- 3. Add french beans, carrot, capsicum and cook till vegetables become soft and crunchy.
- 4. Now add boiled kidney beans and vinegar and cook it for 5-7 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- 5. Now add crushed black pepper and serve it hot.