Moong Beans With Vegetables Recipe
Green gram (moong) is a super food famous for its health benefits. It helps in weight loss, lowers our blood pressure and is considered to be good for the heart amongst many other things. Boiled vegetables also act as health boosters, although people tend to find them bland. This moong beans with vegetables recipe helps in overcoming this disadvantage by making use of tasty gravy in the form of a green paste. Additionally, it does not require the use of excess oil and cooks really quickly. Usually, the boiled vegetables consist of green veggies. But vegetables like yellow/red bell pepper, cauliflower, corn, or any other vegetable can be added for interesting variations in terms of colour and flavour. Spices can be added according to taste. Grated coconut (nariyal) used in the green paste enhances its texture, while coriander (dhaniya) and green chillies (hari mirch) are responsible for the green colour. Lemon juice (nimboo ka ras) added in the end gives the dish that extra citrusy kick. Garnished with onion and coriander leaves, this recipe makes for a wholesome and appetizing salad.
If you want to go for some more healthy recipe do check Kidney Beans With Vegetables, Baked Paneer Rolls, Nutritious Pan cake, Tandoori Wrap.
How to prepare Moong Beans With Vegetables Recipe
|Green gram (Whole Moong) dal||¾ cup|
|Boiled mix vegetables ( Brocoli, beans, peas etc)||1½ cups|
|Tomato (Tamater) chopped||2 table spoons|
|Ginger (Adark) grated||1 tea spoon|
|Turmeric powder (Haldi)||¼ tea spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||To taste|
|Asafetida (Hing)||¼ tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (Jeera)||¼ tea spoon|
|Lemon Juice (Nimboo ka ras)||2 tea spoon|
For Green Paste
|Freshly Coconut (Nariyal) grated||2 table spoon|
|Coriander leaves (Hara Dhaniya)||1 bunch|
|Green chilli (Hari mirch), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Roasted cumin (Bhuna Jeera)||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||To taste|
|Coriander leaves and onion rings|
- 1. Take coconut, coriander, roasted cumin, green chilies in a blender jar and blend it to a smooth paste using little water.
- 2. Clean, wash and soak Green Gram (Sabut Moong) in water for 4 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- 3. Combine Green Gram, salt and 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 1 whistle (I prefer to boil it on low flame without whistle).
- 4. In another pan add 1 tea spoon of olive oil.
- 5. Add asafetida, cumin seeds, ginger and tomatoes and cook it for 2 minutes.
- 6. Add mixed vegetables, green paste and mix well.
- 7. Now add cooked whole gram, adjust salt and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 8. Just before serving, add lemon juice and serve hot garnished with coriander leaves and onion ring.
- Recipe Type : Low calorie, Low calorie snacks
Comments are closed.