Baked Paneer Rolls Recipe
Cottage cheese (paneer) is an ingredient which needs no introduction. It enjoys popularity, especially in India. Not only does it taste terrific, but it also has a lot of healthy properties. Paneer is a rich source of protein, and considered to be good for diabetics. It also helps in satiating hunger and lowering cholesterol levels. This recipe uses minimal amount of oil and can be prepared in no time. Multiple types of flour have been used to prepare the batter. Gram flour (besan) has been used as it is gluten-free and helps regulate blood pressure. Pearl millet (bajra) is a good source of energy and helps in digestion by easing constipation. Additionally, wheat flour (atta) has also been used. Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) have been used to provide a distinctive flavour. It has a wonderful aroma. Other spices can be added according to taste. The prepared dough should be soft and easy to work with. The oven should be pre-heated to the correct temperature. The baking tray should be greased slightly with some oil to avoid sticking. The baking time depends upon the thickness of patties. Some extra cooking time may be required for thicker patties. The patties should have golden-brown colour upon completion of baking. These baked paneer rolls are an absolute delight when served hot with chutney or tomato ketchup.
How to make Baked Paneer Rolls Recipe
|Cottage cheese (Paneer)||250 gm|
|Gram flour (besan)||2 table spoon|
|Wheat flour (Atta)||1 table spoon|
|Pearl millet (bajra) flour||2 table spoon|
|Dried fenugreek leaves(kasoori methi)||2 table spoon|
|Sesame seeds (Til)||1 tea spoon|
|Green chilies (Hari mirch)||1 table spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||according to taste|
|Lemon juice (Nimboo ka ras)||1 tea spoon|
|Oil||1 table spoon|
- 1. Grate cottage cheese mix with pearl millet, gram and wheat flour and other flours.
- 2. Add fenugreek leaves, salt, lemon juice, chilies, sesame seeds and make dough (if required add some water).
- 3. Make small patties or rolls with the prepared dough.
- 4. Pre heat oven at 200 C .
- 5. Grease a oven proof tray and arrange the rolls side by side over it.
- 6. Bake it for 6-8 minutes. (If patties are thick you may require 2-3 minutes extra for cooking)
- 7. Serve it with hot chutney.