Palak Ke Baked Kebab Recipe
Spinach (palak) is widely regarded as a super-food. Even our beloved cartoon characters like Popeye know the benefits of eating spinach . It contains a high amount of iron, which is a boon for anemic patients. It contains vitamins that promote healthy skin and hair. Apart from these, spinach also has high fiber and water content which causes easy digestion and prevents constipation. Bengal gram (chana dal) is rich in fiber and lowers cholesterol levels. This palak ke baked kebabs recipe is as yummy as it is healthy, and also extremely filling. The palak and chana dal paste should have a thick texture on grinding and should not be too runny. Spices can be added according to taste. Here, gram flour (besan) is used as the binding agent. Gram flour (besan) is gluten free and aids in bone strengthening and preventing allergies. The oven should be pre-heated to the correct temperature. These kebabs should be greased with some oil before baking. They taste scrumptious when teamed with any chutney or dip, be it green chutney or tomato ketchup. Who said that health foods have to be boring?
How to make Palak Ke Baked Kebab Recipe
|Spinach (palak)||1 bunch|
|Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)||½ cup|
|Onion (Pyaz)||1 small|
|Gram flour (besan)||1 tea spoon|
|Garlic (Lahsun) cloves||3-4 tea spoon|
|Green Chilies (hari mirch)||2-3 tea spoon|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||½ tea spoon|
|Oil||1 tea spoon|
|Salt (Namak)||To taste|
- 1. Wash and soak Chana Dal (Bengal Gram Dal) in enough water for 3 hours.
- 2. Clean and wash Palak (Spinach) in plenty of salted water.
- 3. Finely chop Palak (spinach). Strain Chana Dal (bengal gram dal) and grind it along with Palak (spinach) in a mixer to a thick paste.
- 4. Add garlic, cumin seeds, green chillies and hot spices and grind them well.
- 5. Now remove this from grinder and add salt, gram flour and onion.
- 6. Preheat oven at 200c.
- 7. Shape mixture into long rolls or round. Brush it with 1 tea spoon of oil and bake it for 5-7 minutes.
- 8. Serve it hot with any dip.