Cutlets are very popular in Indian food. There are different types of vegetarian and non-vegetarian cutlets which are generally cooked. Egg cutlets are also prepared in various ways. but Malabari egg cutlet is really different. it’s easy to make and very delicious.
For Egg Cutlet (Malabar Style) Recipe
|Boiled egg (ubla anda)||6|
|Raw egg white (kachcha anda ki safedi)||Of 1 egg|
|Boiled potato (ubla aalo)||2 medium|
|Ginger (adrakh), chopped||½ tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||3|
|Garlic (lahsan), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||4 table spoons|
|Salt (namak)||To taste|
|Curry leaves (kari patta)||1 sprig|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||2 table spoons|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||½ tea spoon|
|Black Pepper powder (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 cup|
|Coconut oil (nariyel tel)||For frying|
- 1. Cut the boiled eggs into two halves, remove the yolk and keep aside.
- 2. Heat 2 table spoons of coconut oil in a pan and into this, add onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and stir it.
- 3. Then add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper and hot spices and mix it well. Now remove the mixture from flame and keep it aside.
- 4. Take boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash it properly so that no lump is left.
- 5. Now add the cooked spices, egg yolk, coriander leaves and salt in potato mixture and mix them well.
- 6. Now make small balls (yolk sized) out of this mixture and keep them aside.
- 7. Once you have made enough balls, place them inside the egg white in place of egg yolk.
- 8. Next, take a saucepan and heat enough coconut oil.
- 9. Now take raw egg white of one egg in a bowl add some salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder in it and mix it.
- 10. Then take one piece of egg with the filling and dip it into the raw egg white mixture.
- 11. Then roll it in powdered bread crumbs
- 12. Repeat the process with all eggs.
- 13. Now and gently place the cutlets in the heated oil and gently turn the pieces till they turn golden brown.
- 14. Remove them from heat and serve them hot.