For Egg Cutlet (Malabar Style) Recipe
|Boiled egg (ubla anda)||6|
|Raw egg white (kachcha anda ki safedi)||Of 1 egg|
|Boiled potato (ubla aalo)||2 medium|
|Ginger (adrakh), chopped||½ tea spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch), chopped||3|
|Garlic (lahsan), chopped||1 tea spoon|
|Onion (payaz), chopped||4 table spoons|
|Salt (namak)||To taste|
|Curry leaves (kari patta)||1 sprig|
|Coriander leaves (hara dhaniya), chopped||2 table spoons|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Hot spices (garam masala)||½ tea spoon|
|Black Pepper powder (kali mirch)||½ tea spoon|
|Bread crumbs||1 cup|
|Coconut oil (nariyel tel)||For frying|
- 1. Cut the boiled eggs into two halves, remove the yolk and keep aside.
- 2. Heat 2 table spoons of coconut oil in a pan and into this, add onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and stir it.
- 3. Then add salt, red chilli powder, black pepper and hot spices and mix it well. Now remove the mixture from flame and keep it aside.
- 4. Take boiled potatoes in a bowl and mash it properly so that no lump is left.
- 5. Now add the cooked spices, egg yolk, coriander leaves and salt in potato mixture and mix them well.
- 6. Now make small balls (yolk sized) out of this mixture and keep them aside.
- 7. Once you have made enough balls, place them inside the egg white in place of egg yolk.
- 8. Next, take a saucepan and heat enough coconut oil.
- 9. Now take raw egg white of one egg in a bowl add some salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder in it and mix it.
- 10. Then take one piece of egg with the filling and dip it into the raw egg white mixture.
- 11. Then roll it in powdered bread crumbs
- 12. Repeat the process with all eggs.
- 13. Now and gently place the cutlets in the heated oil and gently turn the pieces till they turn golden brown.
- 14. Remove them from heat and serve them hot.