Mughlai Chicken Curry Recipe
Mughlai food is probably one of the most liked cuisines. It is popular because of its classic taste and richness.
For Mughlai Chicken curry, chickens are doused in highly seasoned marinade. Marination preparation is the key secret of the recipe. For this onions are fried in oil, then are mixed with other spices and nuts and are ground to smooth paste. This paste is mixed with curd and salt and is used as marinade.
Next important step is addition minced chicken. In this recipe gravy is prepared with spicy minced meat. Once minced meat is cooked with spices then marinated chicken is added to this for cooking.
This is cooked on very low flame, till the meat is done. Slow cooking significantly enhances the flavour of curry. Usually I prepare this on gas but once I have tried this on coal fire and I still remember the amazing flavour.
Hot marinated chicken, when cooked with minced meat, gives amazing flavour. Accompanied with Naan, Sheermal or Tandoori Roti, this gives heavenly taste. This also goes fine with steamed rice, Pulao or Biryani.
How to make Mughlai Chicken Curry Recipe
Try this recipe once, trust me you shall not be regretted.
|Minced Chicken (Chicken keema)||50 gram|
|Onion (payaz) chopped||2 big|
|Garlic (lahsan) crushed||1 table spoon|
|Ginger (adrakh) chopped||1 table spoon|
|Turmeric (haldi)||½ tea spoon|
|Broken Cinnamon (dalchini)||½ tea spoon|
|Cloves (laung)||2-3 piece|
|Brown cardamom (moti elaichi), seeds||2 piece|
|Red chilli powder (lal mirch)||3-4 tea spoon|
|Black pepper (kali mirch)||8-10 piece|
|Cumin seeds (jeera)||1 table spoon|
|Poppy seeds (khuskhus)||1 tea spoon|
|Cashew nuts (kaju)||4 cup|
|Stone flower (Pathhar phool)||¼ tea spoon|
|Bay leaves (tej patta)||1-2 piece|
|Curd (dahi)||4-5 table spoon|
|Green chillies (hari mirch)||2-3 table spoon|
|Salt (namak)||to taste|
- 1. Clean and wash chicken and minced chicken separately and keep aside.
- 1. First step is to prepare marinade for chicken.
- 2. Heat little oil in a pan and fry 1/3 rd of the chopped onions until translucent and turn off the heat.
- 3. Combine fried onions, half of the garlic ginger, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, cashew-nuts, red chili powder, cloves, turmeric powder, cinnamon, black pepper, stone flower, salt and grind them all together in a grinder.
- 4. Mix this spices mixture with curd and marinate chicken pieces with it. Let the chicken marinate for at least 3- 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- 1. Heat butter or ghee in a deep.
- 2. Now add bay leaves and stir it for 30 seconds, then add remaining chopped onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies, and cook this for few minutes until onions turn light brown.
- 3. Add minced chicken and cook it covered for few minutes.
- 4. Add marinated chicken pieces and adjust the salt and cook it covered till the chicken is done.
- 5. Add some water into the pan and adjust the thickness of curry as per desire.
- 6. When done, sprinkle fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
- 7. Serve “Mughlai chicken” with “Nan” or “Roti”.